Monday, November 12, 2012

Small Wildlife Painting, Yellowstone Bison by Theresa Paden


Small Wildlife Painting
"Yellowstone Bison"
By Theresa Paden

6 x 8"
Acrylic paint on canvasboard


Email me to purchase painting
theresapaden@gmail.com



When I was 9 years old, my mother 
taught me how to paint with oils. 
I started doing small paintings, 4x5" or 5x7".
My mom is an excellent artist and 
had been selling her larger paintings at 
outdoor art festivals. I began to
 sell my small ones, too, and we had so 
much fun doing those art shows together.
I don't usually paint small anymore, but I had
a great time painting this little buffalo 
and remembering the fun times with my mom. 


6 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your mom. And, like how this looks on the little easel and table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post, Theresa. Your Mom taught you well!! I love this bison..beautiful colors. These little paintings are the perfect size for Christmas gifts.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. I'm glad you like the tiny bison :)

      Delete
  3. I was so surprised to see how small this is. I really like it. You should do more this size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure is small! Quite a challenge to paint that small, but fun at the same time! Thank you Nancy!

      Delete